Wednesday 6 May 2009

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression form it to the full product?

I feel I have learnt a lot throughout process of the filming and preparing of our movie. I have learnt how important camera angles, mise-en-scene, editing and sound are to a films success, as they all come together to create a real vision of reality to help the audience believe in what they are watching. I am very pleased that I have learnt how to use different programmes and the iMacs and I now feel I will be able to use these effectively and efficiently in the future. I have also realised that teamwork is a very big part of filmmaking. When our group all pulled together and each focused on different areas to help improve our movie, it worked very well and efficiently. Other than my improved technical skills, I have also learned how much time and organisation goes into filmmaking. We realised this as as first we only set aside 1 evening to film the whole of our movie and then soon realised it would take several days and evening to just get all the shots we needed. Also, sketching the storyboards and actually filming is completely different and takes up a lot of effort. Fortunately, we were all willing to put in that effort. Planning is a key aspect when producing a film and we have learnt that you need to make sure you are aware of the four main sections (mise en scene, cinematography, sound and editing) and I feel as a group we achieved this.When filming, we realised that patience and technical ability is always needed for the production of a film or any media product. All together, we are very pleased with the outcome of our efforts as we have all learnt a great deal and can now use these new abilities in the future.

No comments: